Advanced Restorative Dentistry in Spokane, WA
Dr. Smith works with our team of selected surgeons to determine the best implant solution for your unique case.
After surgical placement and the implant has integrated properly and the surrounding bond and tissue has healed, Dr. Smith will then place a specialized crown over the implant and all function will be restored back to the patient’s mouth.
CROWN & BRIDGE
If one or more of your teeth are substantially damaged, they may be restored with crowns. If a few of your teeth are missing, they may be replaced with multiple crowns replacing the missing tooth/teeth.
Restoring your teeth is important so you can chew comfortably and feel confident about your smile.
Types of Crowns we offer:
- Porcelain fused to metal (tooth colored porcelain fused to metal)
- Full cast (Gold)
- Full cast milled with zirconia (tooth color milled zirconia/no metal)
- Porcelain fused to zirconia (tooth color porcelain/no metal)
- Zirconia offers the benefits of porcelain fused to metal: strength and longevity without any metal used.
- They can be matched precisely to the color of your own teeth and provide the natural translucency that metal-based restorations can’t.)
- All ceramic crowns (Emax and Empress)
A root canal is the space within the root of a tooth. It consists of the pulp chamber, which is the center of the tooth made up of living connective tissue, cells, blood vessels, nerves, and nutrients that help keep the tooth alive.
Dr. Smith performs root canals to repair and save a tooth that is decayed or which becomes infected. During a root canal, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed.
If you are having any heat sensitivity or recently traumatized your teeth, do not wait to make an appointment. You could be at risk for an abscess or the nerve of your tooth could be dying thus needing root canal treatment.
TOOTH COLORED FILLINGS
Made with tooth colored material, composite fillings restore the natural beauty of your teeth. Composite fillings provide an aesthetic alternative because they can be matched very closely to your natural tooth color. They are chemically bonded to the tooth structure, providing further support
The Waterlase laser from Biolase is for hard and soft tissue and the Epic diode laser from Biolase is made for soft tissue only. These lasers are the latest technology in dentistry and now it is possible to have a completely comfortable dental visit with minimal anesthetic, no drills, and little or no pain with laser dentistry. Unlike drills, the laser does not cause microcracking of the teeth and it actually sterilizes the tooth as the decay is being removed.
Laser Treatment’s Include:
• Fillings with out/minimal anesthetic
• Crown Lengthening
• Canker Sore (Apthous Ulcer) treatment
• Cold Sore treatment
• TMJ Pain Therapy
• Laser Bacterial Reduction
• Deep pocket therapy